From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 15:17:18
Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 03:27:31 -0600, Dale wrote: > >> Now to the second question.  I found a 8TB hard drive and bought it.  My >> plan is to take my 6TB backup drive and install it in place of a 3TB >> drive which has LVM on it.  I plan to use the 8TB drive as a external >> backup drive in the end.  Will do a backup before changing internal >> drives tho.  From what I've read, I can use pvmove and pvremove to >> replace that drive.  Just tell pv to move the data and when done, remove >> the old drive. After that, the new 6TB drive will be used in that PV and >> the 3TB drive can be used for something else.  Is it really that easy or >> is there more to it than that?  Pardon me but that doesn't sound >> complicated enough to me.  lol  > It's been a while since I did that but AFAIR, yes it is that simple. > pvmove does all the hard work and it can take a while, but it can survive > an interruption. > >
That's what I read too.  I thought it was to easy and then read that it can be stopped and restarted.  I was like, WHAT?  If I keep downloading videos, I'm going to have to get creative later on with my backups.  At some point, it won't fit on a single drive, even a really really large one.  :/ Thanks. Dale :-)  :-)