From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sound card not recognized as capture device
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:39:33
1 On 23/01/20 13:59, Mick wrote:
2 >> Where can I post this problem? I've been using Linux for 20 years, but
3 >> > this is my first problem with the kernel. I found these forums:
4 >> >
5 >> > https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/categories/drivers
6 >> > https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-kernel-70/
7 >> >
8 >> > And of course the kernel mailing list, but seems to be for developers.
9 > I would start with BGO in the first instance:
10 >
11 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/
12 >
13 > providing info on the affected hardware, the errors you've identified and the
14 > files you suspect containing the changes in the code.
15
16 Look in the kernel for the maintainers file, and see if you can see who
17 is responsible for the code.
18
19 Given that the drivers have stopped working, this is a regression, and
20 it's actually quite a serious bug (or at least, seen as such).
21
22 If you know who it is - or especially if it's a mailing list! - try
23 pinging them, with a diff of the changes you had to make to get it working.
24
25 IFF you get a response from that, then there's hopefully a good chance
26 you'll get asked to help fix it, and the problem will go away :-)
27
28 Cheers,
29 Wol