From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 20008 install problem: "Could not find the root block device in ."
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:06:42
1 Justin wrote:
2 >> ____________________________________
3 >> >> Determining root device...
4 >> !! Could not find the root block device in .
5 >> Please specify another value or: press Enter for the same,
6 >> type "shell" for a shell, or "q" to skip...
7 >> root block device() :: _
8 >> ____________________________________
9 >>
10 > There was bug fix release for amd64. See gentoo.org the first news for
11 > more info. Perhaps this is for you.
12
13 I checked it, but I do not think that bug has something to do with
14 my problem. That bug (#230998) is a problem of live-cd, and I'm using
15 minimal install cd.
16
17 Besides, there is no updated install-cd, only live-cd. But I'll try
18 to download 2008.0-r1 live-cd, and install with it.
19 Jarry
23 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
24 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.