From: Francesco Turco <fturco@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bitcoin-qt, openssl and the bindist USE flag
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2017 08:36:59
1 On Saturday, 8 April 2017 23.57.09 CEST, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Why on $DEITY's green earth would you even think of doing that?
3 >
4 > Dont. Just ... don't. I don;t know what you are trying to accomplish
5 > doing that, but it can't end well.
6
7 I'm not quite sure, but as far as I know (binary) packages with the
8 -bindist USE flag cannot be freely distributed because of licensing issues
9 or patents. Since I prefer for my system to be as free as possible (as in
10 freedom) I thought I could achieve that by enabling +bindist globally. Am I
11 wrong perhaps?
14 https://www.fturco.net/