From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:21:36
1 Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:
4 > I don't know anything about arm64, but if it is 64-bit, why would you
5 > need 32-bit binaries?
6
7 An enormous codebase that is not likely to get ported to 64 bit arm.
8 Easy (embedded) product migration to arm64.
9
10 also, arm64 supports big indian and little indian codes simultaneously.
11
12 > I also am a bit of a purist, and just run no-multilib because it is
13 > emotionally satisfying.
14
15 Naw. Your teasing? (wink wink nudge nudge).....
18 > > OFF TOPIC
19 > > On another note: have you seen spark-1.5 ? Cleaner build?
20 > >
21 http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Fwd-ANNOUNCE-Spark-1-5-0-preview-package-td13683.html
22
23 > I haven't looked at the new features of 1.5 specifically, but I know
24 > that the build process is basically the same. The API is nice, but it is
25 > definitely possible to write a faster job using Hadoop's API since it is
26 > lower-level and can be optimized more, so I spend more time writing jobs
27 > using Hadoop's API.
28
29 I've read that building spark-1.5 from sources is much cleaner now.
30 bgo-523412. (your on the cc list?). Particularly parsing out
31 hadoop support, for more focus regression testing on bare metal
32 setups.... Drop me a line when you install 1.5 at work and how it
33 runs with Hadoop.
36 hth,
37 James