From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about xorg and a kill process
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:51:41
1 On Wed, 27 May 2009 10:01:12 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > I only have one machine right now. Someone gave me a HP laptop but I
7 > haven't fixed it yet. Power connector is shorted out big time.
11 Then for example on tty2 start "sleep 300 ; /etc/init.d/xdm stop ;
12 killall X" and on tty1 do "/etc/init.d/xdm start"
13
14 Another approach is to use acpid. I've read this tip here posted by
15 Volker Hemmann IIRC. If you use acpid, there should be a file called
16 "/etc/acpi/default.sh"
17
18 Modify it, substituting the lines:
19
20 19 case "$action" in
21 20 power)
22 21 /sbin/init 0
23
24 with
25
26 19 case "$action" in
27 20 power)
28 21 /usr/bin/chvt 1
31 then do /etc/init.d/acpid restart.
32
33 Now pressing the power button on your machine should switch to the
34 active TTY to tty1
38 Best regards,
39 Daniel