From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] package deletions
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 17:05:43
1 Hello,
2
3 Well if you follow gentoo-dev, there are numerous packages being purged,
4 for a variety of reason. One, that I am considering to 'proxy-maintain,
5 is dansguardian. I do have several questions::
6
7 1. Is it still relevant and useful to the community?
8
9 2. Is there a better alternative currently in portage?
10
11 3. I was trying to figure out a bit of syntax to get the listings of
12 the ebuild-packages on the chopping block, but nothing seems complete.
13 Any suggestions on urls, cli_syntax, or a script to ferret out the
14 packages on the chopping block and what has been picked up, would
15 be keenly appreciated.
16
17 Maybe some why to just search the gentoo-attic by date and/or category
18 and/or name is the way to have a tool to be able to go post-mortem
19 on package removals?
23 James