From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VM Ware or not?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:24:02
1 On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:36:43 -0500, Jerry McBride wrote:
2
3 > > It's working on 2.6.23 and 2.6.24 here.
4 >
5 > When I was at the vmware website, browsing the "system requirements" it
6 > listed older versions of both linux distributions and kernel versions.
7 > Perhaps those were the "supported" settings and the versions outside of
8 > that are the unsupported fare?
11 Exactly, and by the same token, you'll find Gentoo is unsupported
12 whatever the kernel version. VMware Workstation is a commercial product,
13 so the compatibility list is more do do with compatibility with their
14 support team than the software.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 When you said you wanted to live in sin, I didn't know you meant "sloth"