From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel initramfs and grub2-mkconfig
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:13:21
1 On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM, morlix <morlix@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > does anybody of you know how to get the grub2-mkconfig script to
5 > correctly detect initramfs and set the kernel parameter "root=" to
6 > /dev/ram0 or just don't set the parameter at all.
7 >
8 > I'm using genkernel and want to use my generated initramfs, but
9 > everytime grub2-mkconfig gets called it sets the kernel parameter root=
10 > to my root partition and then the initramfs won't get used.
11 >
12 > I think manually editing /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and deleting the root=
13 > parameter and setting real_root isn't a good choice for long term.
14
15 The default scripts for grub2-mkconfig looks for a specific filename
16 for the initramfs, related to the kernel filename. If you look in
17 those scripts, you may be able to modify it to look at your filenames
18 instead.