From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: laptop screen goes dark in boot
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:20:36
1 On 04/21/2012 11:25 PM, Zhang Jun wrote:
2 > laptop: asus F3TC, amd Turion, NV-go7300
3 > kernel-3.0.17-r1 tuxonice
4 >
5 > screen goes dark just after I see the linux boot logo,
6 > when using kernel 2.6.x, I even do not use hotkey to control lcd backlight, default light is ok,
7 > but now, it goes dark, re-compiled kernel many times, but no luck,
8 >
9 > in kernel acpi config page, I did't see the "video" module, and seems no /proc/acpi/video/ .
10 >
11 > is there anyone have met this problem and have solution ?
12
13 If you can boot the machine with a recent rescue cd, you can see which
14 kernel modules are in use and then configure your own kernel to use the
15 same ones.