From: Marc Schlienger <marcschlienger@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde3.4.3 with arts on amd64
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:10:12
1 Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 13:53 schrieb Holly Bostick:
2 > Marc Schlienger schreef:
3 > > Hi, I've installed kde3.4.3 with arts on my amd64 machine. Alsa is
4 > > working fine. But arts works only partially. All notification sound
5 > > doesn't work. Also I don't get sound when logging in. But, for
6 > > example, amarok works with the arts driver. Is this a known bug? What
7 > > can I do?
8 > >
9 > > Regards Marc
10 >
11 > Is aRTs set to use ALSA? kcontrol (KDE Control Center)=> Sound and
12 > Multimedia=> Sound System=> Hardware Tab => Select the Audio device
13 > drop-down (choose 'Alsa').
16 Yes. It should also work with automatic detection. But it doesn't work in
17 either cases.
18
19 > Secondly, you do have system sounds turned on, yes? Assuming that the
20 > backend is properly configured, in order to have sounds in KDE you need
21 > the following settings in kcontrol:
22 >
23 > Sound and Multimedia=> Sound System=> Sound System=> General Tab=>
24 > "Enable the Sound System" must be checked (system sounds are played
25 > through aRTS, and that is the sound system this checkbox enables);
28 This is also set. And when I push the Test-Sound-Button here I get no sound.
29
30 > Sound and Multimedia=> System Notifications. When the "Event Source"
31 > drop-down in this dialog is set to KDE System Notifications, you need to
32 > make sure that:
33 >
34 > 1) valid sounds are associated with the various events (if the test of
35 > the sound doesn't play, well, it's not going to play in KDE either), and
36 >
37 > 2) The Quick Control, when the "Apply to all events" checkbox is
38 > checked, is not set to "Turn Off all Sounds".
41 This is also all set to correct values.
42
43 > Hope this helps,
44 > Holly
45
46 If it was that simple there will be no problem.
47
48 Regards Marc
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list