From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rusty problems
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:00:40
1 On 27/04/21 23:00, Michael wrote:
2 > There's three options, I can think of:
3 >
4 > 1. Use dev-lang/rust-bin, as Matt suggested above.
5 >
6 > 2. Buy more RAM, or use a surrogate PC with more RAM to cross-compile it.
7 >
8 > 3. Use a partition with enough space on it to bind mount /var/tmp/portage, for
9 > this package only.
10 >
11 > I use the 3rd option, but I'm wondering if option 1 may be the smartest move
12 > for my needs.
13
14 4. Add gazillibytes of swap. With a maximum of 16GB on my mobo, my two
15 disks each have a 32GB swap partition so that's 80GB of "ram" available
16 to my system. My /var/tmp/portage tmpfs is 30GB.
17
18 So obviously I use option 4 :-)
19
20 Cheers,