From: "Mateusz A. Mierzwiński" <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VQF deprecated?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:06:23
1 Hi,
2
3 I just wan't to know, why software such as amarok don't go way, like
4 winamp - more formats available for playing because of plugins? SO
5 libraries are also dynamic linked, so why I don't have any player for
6 VQF format? I must emulate Winamp with wine to play VQF of course with
7 better sound quality with DSP plugins like 3D Spatial Sound. My god!
8 This is Linux - best operating system on the world, why software
9 producers are so closed to world? Wining with Windows is endless future.
10 XMMS was playing VQF but XMMS was removed from portage because some bugs
11 (what software don't have one). I know that OGG is better, or even MP3
12 (MPEG-1 Layer 3) but VQF in 80kbps is still lossless compresion - MP3
13 and OGG not, and I like to listen good quality music with all tones,
14 even not heared. PS: human ear toleration is little part different for
15 different people - MP3 and OGG is not good compression for audiophiles.
16
17 Mateusz M.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list