From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS for athlon 5350 apu?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:50:52
1 On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 02:38:48AM +0400, German wrote
2 > Couldn't find those in documentation. Thank you
3
4 If you're building on the target machine, use the "native" CFLAG. It
5 has been around for a while. It detects the CPU, and builds for it
6 "automagically". You don't have to do any more grunt work, figuring out
7 the flags for your CPU. Computers are supposed to do the hard work. I
8 use...
9
10 FLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-unwind-tables -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables"
11 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
12
13 Mind you, if you're cross-compiling on another system, and then moving
14 the binaries over, you will have to figure out the correct flags. See
15 below for a method.
16
17 Another problem is that there are also cpu-specific USE flags. You
18 can get a good start on figuring them out, as well as CFLAGS, by running
19
20 grep flags /proc/cpuinfo
21
22 on the target machine. There will be one line of output for each core.
23 You'll have multiple identical lines of output.
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications