From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] open-vm-tools install fails because I have modules disabled??
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:38:53
1 On 26-Apr-13 18:11, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > compile fails with lots of
3 >
4 > "...error "No Module support in this kernel. Please configure with
5 > CONFIG_MODULES"
6 >
7 > Please tell me that I'm not going to have to enable modules just so I
8 > can use the vmware tools??
9
10 Yes you are. If you want to use vm-tools ("open" or "vmware"),
11 you have to enable kernel modules. And also some strange options
12 (i.e. vmware-graphics). And as I told you previously, updating
13 to new kernel is really pain in a**. That's why I got rid of
14 the whole vm-stuff and I'm happy without it...
15
16 Jarry
17 --
19 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
20 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.