From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python2 really really really gone? Scripts all broken?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 20:26:47
1 On 2020-11-15, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The sed editor might be helpful doing migrations from python 2.7 into
4 > python 3. This would need a sed expert knowing both flavors of python to
5 > write those scripts though and I don't know if any of that was already
6 > done.
7
8 There are all sorts of existing tools to help migrating from 2 to 3.
9
10 https://docs.python.org/3/howto/pyporting.html
11 https://docs.python.org/3.8/library/2to3.html
12 https://python-modernize.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
13 http://python-future.org/automatic_conversion.html
14 https://pypi.org/project/pylint/
15
16 It seems to me that writing sed scripts would be a huge waste of time
17 -- and I'm somebody who _does_ write (short) sed scripts occasionally.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I was making donuts
21 at and now I'm on a bus!
22 gmail.com