From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean portect a class of ebuilds ?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:56:57
1 On 15 March 2015 00:25:40 GMT+00:00, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
5 > > > I'm not sure how to put everything dev-java into a set; so that
6 > > > it will updated but not depclean out those packages.
7 >
8 > > A set can be simply a list of packages in a file in
9 > /etc/portage/sets.
12 > Ok so I created this file (644):
13 > /etc/portage/sets/dev-java
14 >
15 > I put a list of file in there, here are a few:
16 > dev-java/log4j
17 > dev-java/xpp2
18 > dev-java/xpp3
19 > dev-java/jaxme
20 > java-virtuals/stax-api
21 > <snip>
22 >
23 > I tried all sorts of --depclean syntax variants but it did not
24 > protect the
25 > files listed in the file from removal. I modified my make.conf like
26 > so:
27 >
28 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--exclude gentoo-sources @dev-java "
31 > Now every rendition of depclean usage just wants to remove these
32 > files.
33 > It feels like there is a working mechanism here, but I'm struggling
34 > to find the exact method to protect these files from depclean, not
35 > identify
36 > them form deep cleansing. What am I missing?
40 > James
41
42 emerge - n @dev-java
43 --
44 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.