From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 15:24:35
1 On 2016-11-08, Willie M <matthews.willie80@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > If I a not mistaken if you change your nameservers to FreeDNS you will
4 > be able to have that dynamic IP Address that way. So your reverse lookup
5 > should work just fine.
6
7 Reverse DNS will work (modulo down times when the address changes,
8 like you describe). But, back when I used to run a mailserver using
9 that setup, I still ran into SMTP servers that rejected my mail
10 because it was coming from a dynamic IP address. Even though the
11 reverse DNS lookup and MX record were all kosher, they still knew my
12 address was in a range that was allocated dyamically and refused to
13 accept incoming mail. That was 10 years ago. It's hard to believe
14 SMTP servers have gotten more lenient...
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Will this never-ending
18 at series of PLEASURABLE
19 gmail.com EVENTS never cease?