From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: An XML Question
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 07:26:56
1 Hi,
2
3 you can learn the xml concepts at http://www.w3schools.com/. Then,
4 depending on the language you choose, there is lots of libs to deal
5 with xml in many languages. Though you always have two different ways
6 of parsing your xml file: a SAX parser approach, that runs on an
7 element-by-element process, retrieving each element with no view on
8 the next ones. The second way is a DOM object builder, parsing the xml
9 file as a whole, then giving you back the whole tree as an object that
10 can browse later with a set of methods. The later is faster to get all
11 the information of the xml, but takes more memory since the whole xml
12 tree must be built first. You have to look for the libs of your
13 language now for further details, but the choice between the two is
14 crucial. I remind a Xmlchecker java tool I wrote to run no-diff
15 tests.... I implemented first with jdom, and it was good..... until I
16 had to deal with 300 Mb files ... and rewrite the whole browsing
17 engine with SAX.
18
19 Gal'