From: Patrick Holthaus <patrick.holthaus@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: alsa in-kernel vs. alsa-lib
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:12:05
1 > But i read this after building alsa-lib:
2 > * Please try in-kernel ALSA drivers instead of the alsa-drivers ebuild.
3 > * If alsa-drivers works for you where a recent kernel does not, we want
4 > * to know about this. Our e-mail address is alsa-bugs@g.o
5 > * However, if you notice no sound output or instability, please try to
6 > * upgrade your kernel to a newer version first.
7 >
8 > and this makes me think i should get rid of those packages as it say
9 > "instead". Is this wrong? do we still need alsa-lib and co.?
10
11 You should _not_ install alsa-drivers if you want to use in-kernel drivers.
12 You can and should install alsa-lib etc.
13
14 Patrick