From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Streamtuner/xmms problem
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:46:02
1 > From:: Bill Six <billsix316@×××××.com>
2 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
3 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Streamtuner/xmms problem
4 > Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
5
6 > Hi,
7 >
8 > I just installed streamtuner with XMMS. I open
9 > streamtuner, click on a Shoutcast site (such as
10 > Radiowazee or HitzRadio), and it opens up a XMMS
11 > window.
12 >
13 > However, it says "Connecting to (IP address)", but
14 > never actually connects and plays the music.
15 >
16 > Any idea as to what's wrong?
17 >
18 > Bill
19
20 I do not use streamtuner, but when I click on shoutcast xmms plays fine. The only time something like that was happening was when I had the MAD MPEG Decoder plugin enabled. Once I disabled it in the xmms/Preferences shoutcast could play happily.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick
24