From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel notification of file system changes
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 06:57:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm looking for some kernel-based notification of changes to my file
4 system. I've been looking at inotify, but it's not exactly what I want.
5
6 Basically I want to know if _any_ write occurs anywhere. I don't want
7 to register a whole bunch of files to watch, I just want to watch an
8 entire mount. When a file is changed (ie. a write operation occurs), I
9 then want to add that file or fd to a list in RAM. That's all.
10
11 I know this may be a lot of data, considering streams and devices, but I
12 can filter out /dev, /proc, etc. and just focus on "real" files.
13
14 Is there anything that can do this?
15
16 thanks :)
20 I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day cause that means
21 it's going to be up all night.
22 -- Steven Wright