From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am a "f*****g retard". Can you help me?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 00:49:50
1 Vaeth ha scritto:
2 >
3 >> I actually have to admit that, apparently, I suffer the same mental
4 >> disability of the poster -that is, I used to believe that using
5 >> --resume-skipfirst was harmless.
6
7 > The problem is that after failing of a package, portage does
8 > not recalculate the dependencies, i.e. it will attempt to install also
9 > those packages which depend on the failed package.
10
11 OK, that's what flighted upon my head (Neil Botwick post notwithstanding)
12
13 I just assumed it recalculated dependencies and/or that there was some
14 mechanism immediately understanding that a necessary update is lacking.
15
16 > to insult
17 > somebody just because he weighted the pros and cons differently is beyond
18 > any acceptable limit.
19
20 Of course -that's why the mail started being that sarcastic. :)
21
22 m.