From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wrong timestamps over fish in midnight commander
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 14:08:45
1 Hello fellows
2
3 Could someone please confirm an issue I’m having? When I connect to a remote
4 ssh host in mc, it always shows the seconds of files’ mtime to be 0. That
5 way, I can’t use mc to properly compare directories, because even if a file
6 has the same timestamp on both sides, one side appears younger because the
7 other’s seconds value is 0.
8
9 To see seconds in the first place, I got rid of the “intelligent” date
10 formatting and replaced it with the pure numerical facts in ~/.config/mc/ini:
11 [Misc]
12 ...
13 timeformat_recent=%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
14 timeformat_old=%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
15
16 Perhaps someone of you already has an account in the mc bug tracker¹ and can
17 report that. I’m delusionally paranoid (or at least lazy) and generally very
18 hesitant to register on a website just for one single use.
19
20 Cheers
21
22 ¹ http://www.midnight-commander.org/report
23 --
24 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
25 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
26
27 “If wishes were horses we’d all be eating steak.” – Jayne, Firefly