From: Ian Porter <ian@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Acer 5103 WLMi laptop
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:50:33
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have just purchased an new Acer laptop, 5103 WLMi and I am using
4 gentoo on my desktop machine but would like to have an dual boot on the
5 laptop as well.
6
7 I have tried the am64 since it dual turion 64 processors, but get kernel
8 panics. Was just wondering if there is any advice on what install CD to
9 use and also any advice on setup (wireless broadcom BCM 41xx series) and
10 also if there is any major binaries that I could use to get the system
11 up and running without the laptop burning up from compiling ? (KDE
12 binaries preferably)
13
14 Purchased from (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-8758.aspx)
15