From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] nfs mounting back and forth...
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:53:20
1 Hi,
2
3 I set up a cross compilation toolchain and it is possible to use
4 emerge-wrapper and friends to populate the rootfs of my beaglebone,
5 which is mounted via nfs.
6
7 Normally, when compiling stuff natively on the beaglebone, I mount a
8 part of my PC to /tmp of the beaglebone to reduce write cycles to the
9 sd-card...
10
11 Is it possible to do something like this (and how):
12
13 As an alternative to quickpkg and friends:
14 Mount the beaglebones rootfs to /usr/$CTARGET of my Gentoo Linux PC.
15 Then nfs-mount a part of my Linux PC filesystem on /usr/$CTARGET/tmp
16 to replace /tmp of my beaglebone temporarily to reduce write cycles
17 to the sd-card?
18
19 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
20
21 Best regards,
22 mcc