From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emacs font problem
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:56:15
1 Recently emacs (running in X "window" mode) seems to have developed a
2 font problem.
3
4 There are two cases where text displays as a mixture of filled and
5 unfilled rectangles:
6
7 1) When the mouse pointer hovers over certain things a balloon pops
8 up containing nothing but black filled rectangles.
9
10 2) When you select "About Emacs" from the Help menu, the logo renders
11 properly at the top of the screen, but the rest is blocks and
12 rectangles: http://www.panix.com/~grante/emacsabout.png
13
14 Normal editing is fine.
15
16 Google hasn't found anything except discussion of problems with
17 a misssing default font (the one used during editing), and I don't
18 have any problems with that.
19
20 Any ideas?
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I have the power to
24 at HALT PRODUCTION on all
25 gmail.com TEENAGE SEX COMEDIES!!