From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installer Skript
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:26:23
1 Hello,
2
3 yesterday I was working on an installer skript for Gentoo.
4
5 What does it do?
6
7 * It does the basic installation until you can reboot and login.
8 * That includes formatting of the given partitions.
9 * That includes compiling a genkernel.
10 * It is developed and tested on Ubuntu.
11
12 What does it not do?
13
14 * It does not do partitioning itself.
15 * It does not install a boot manger. (I use that on my Ubuntu partition.)
16 * It does not set up wifi.
17
18 What is required?
19
20 You need at least a free partition of 5GB and a swap partition.
21 Optionally you can use a separate partition for portage.
22
23 Is anybody interested in testing the script? That is alpha software.
24
25 You should at least be able look into the script before you run it.
26 You know, it asks before, but then it does format your partitions. So
27 it can be quite dangerous, if you don't exactly know what you are
28 doing.
29
30 Al