From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:29:21
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Dirk Heinrichs [mailto:ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 16 August 2005 08:18
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
8 > Am Dienstag, 16. August 2005 09:00 schrieb ext Ralph Slooten:
9 >
10 > > Yeah, there are other files scattered throughout the
11 > filesystem owned by
12 > > me. Some are due to being compiled as me, and installed as root
13 >
14 > If they were installed as root, they would be owned by root.
15 > The reason must
16 > be another. But since / is owned by you, it would have been
17 > possible to
18 > also "make install" as that user.
19
20 Could it have something to do with axllent being in the portage group
21 and the latter being left with its default access rights? (running as
22 root)
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick