From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's new with all those new packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:13:42
1 Roy Wright schreef:
2 > emerge --pretend --changelog
3 >
4 > will display the change log(s). I usually do
5 > emerge -uDNv world -pl
6 > then if I like it, just delete the -pl to do the merge.
7 >
8 > Have fun,
9 > Roy
12 Well that's all very well and good, but a great deal of the time the
13 changelog only says something like 'version bump'-- because it's a
14 *Gentoo* ChangeLog, not the *application* changelog.
15
16 Which, if you're interested enough to want to know the contents of, you
17 should go to the application's homepage (linked from the ebuild, or
18 packages.gentoo.org), where it is usually published.
19
20 Holly
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list