From: john stampe <jwstampe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to install ghhhostscript ?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:40:43
1 The point here is that there is more than one version of ghostscript. I use ghostscript-esp (emerge -av ghostscript-esp). There is also ghostscript-gpl and ghostscript-gnu available in portage. This is due to licensing issues. Ghostscript is a commercial company, the Linux versions are relicensed.
2
3 John
8 ________________________________
9 From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
10 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 1:25:16 PM
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to install ghhhostscript ?
13
14 Andrey Vul wrote:
15
16 > If you have eix installed, run the following:
17 > # eix ghostscript -I -C app-text --only-names | xargs emerge -pv
18 > and then
19 > # eix ghostscript -I -C app-text --only-names | xargs emerge
20
21 better to do it just once:
22 # eix ghostscript -I -C app-text --only-names | xargs emerge -va
23
24 -- Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
25
26 If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.