From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem getting systemd to work [solved more or less]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 05:31:47
1 Hi. I just wanted to thank everyone on the list, Canek and Stefan most
2 of all, for finally helping me to get systemd going on my system! It
3 was definitely a struggle, which should not be, but I finally got things
4 to work pretty well. Booting is definitely faster, although I hope not
5 to boot often, so I have never been sure why this is so important, but I
6 think I have most of the dependencies worked out!
7
8 One or two questions still puzzle me -- I didn't know till I made some
9 errors that some things in units are case sensitive -- no where in the
10 manual does it mention any of this -- so which things are actually case
11 sensitive? I know Unit and Service are -- anything else?
12
13 Also, whatever happened to rcopen-init-service, it would be nice to be
14 able to use gentooized init.d scripts, not an absolute necessity, but I
15 was just curious about that one.
16
17 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici