From: "张韡武" <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] provide registration service on a headless server without web
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:14:21
1 Hello. I am running a server which currently unlike most other servers on
2 the world, do not provide web service yet.
3
4 Currently I need to allow users to register themselves. They first
5 through
6 a registration process get a username and password, get themselves their
7 home directories under /home and then they can use ssh to login to the
8 server to do a few things like search for addressbook.
9
10 I think of two ideas:
11
12 1) write a script that runs on telnet port.
13 users can run telnet, talk to the script which will ask a few questions
14 like your fullname and username desired. If everything qualify, a user
15 is
16 created on the system.
17
18 2) write a web service that does the same.
19
20 1) is probably not save and 2) adds a little bit overhead and complecity
21 of the system by adding a web service.
22
23 Is there a standard registration routine I can use? That we I don't have
24 to write my own script, which could be a security risk.
25
26 Thanks!
27 --
28 锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
29 Real SoftService http://www.realss.com
30 销售咨询(Sales Department): 0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German,
31 English)
32 国际业务(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English)
33 联系:厦门大学科技园,嘉庚二号楼6楼
34 邮政:厦门大学2312号信箱(邮编361005)