From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GTK Graphical Problems
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:01:51
1 On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:14:40 +0100
2 jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > At the weekend I updated my system and after reboot some of my apps
7 > have lots of black black squares/rectangles all over the place,
8 > covering all of the app window and making email difficult to write.
9 >
10 > Initially I thought this was a Wayland problem as using Wayfire but
11 > switched to X11 desktop and still had same issue.
12 >
13 > Trying all my apps this looks to be a GTK related issues as happening
14 > with claws-mail (worst), gkrellm, gcolor2, Bluefish etc. QT/EFL apps
15 > seem to be fine (qtfm, keepass). Firefox-bin works just fine, oddly.
16 >
17 > Anyone else seen this. I see a thread talking about GTK slots but not
18 > sure if this is related.
19 >
20 > I've rebuilt all gtk related packages which has not helped.
21 >
22 > John
23 >
24
25 Noticed a minor oddity with sddm where text not rendering correctly so
26 decided not a gtk problem but strange that qt apps where hardly
27 affected.
28
29 Updated mesa to latest version (currently masked) and issue
30 has gone away.
31
32 John