From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating portage cache - slow, slower, slowest ever
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:05:25
1 On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:20:56 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_speed_up_portage_with_cdb
4 >
5 > Ooh....VERY scary. Not where I want to go for a problem like this.
6 > I'll wait for the developers to make that sort of thing part of the
7 > baseline setup. I couldn't administer it if it broke.
8
9 I found it very straightforward. What's the worst that can happen? Your
10 portage tree gets messed up, which can be fixed with emerge --sync.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Q. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
17 A. Only one - who gives it to six Californians, thereby reducing the
18 problem to an earlier joke.