From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pango, freetype, and harfbuzz: circular dependencies?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 20:13:08
1 On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 18:19:46 +0200, Matthias Hanft wrote:
2
3 > doing the weekly "emerge --sync" and "emerge -aDuv @world", portage
4 > suddenly asks me to set the "harfbuzz" USE flag for "freetype".
5 [snip]
6 > Of course, I just could do that, but "equery u freetype" tells me for
7 > "harfbuzz": "WARNING: may trigger circular dependencies!"
8
9 The operative word here is "may". Try setting it, you may well find that
10 the emerge proceeds with no problems, it did on the three systems I had
11 to do it on.
12
13 No point worrying about a problem that may not exist.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. Its the transition thats
20 troublesome. - Isaac Asimov