From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounts NFS in XFCE4
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:58:07
1 On 01/19/2014 05:46 PM, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Is it possible to mount an NFS share from XFCE4? I suspect the answer
5 > might have something to do with gvfs or fuse, neither of which I know
6 > anything about.
7 >
8 > Ideally after emerging or USEing I will have a "Connect to server" entry
9 > in my XFCE4 menu.
10 >
11 > If this is impossible, then I'd be ok with an approach that will allow a
12 > regular user to mount any network share with the mount command.
13 >
14 > Thank you,
15 >
16 > Chris
17
18 Yes, use x11-misc/spacefm as filemanager and emerge sys-apps/udevil for
19 ftp/nfs/smb/ssh URL support for the path bar.
20
21 Then enter
22 nfs://<server>:/path/to/share
23