From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xhkeys outliving its welcome
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:23:46
1 On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2
3 > Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 >> I made the bad decision of trying xhkeys. I added only one
5 >> shortcut to the default config file (as normal user):
6 >> Ctrl+Shift+n --> /usr/kde/3.4/bin/konsole
7 >
8 > Normal shortcuts are under Control Center -> Regional & Acces... ->
9 > Keyboard Shortcuts -> Command Shortcuts.
10 >
11 > Yes, you didn't use that, but maybe KDE read your config file and
12 > incorporated the setting. If so, then find Konsole there and
13 > select None.
14 >
15 There is a Ctrl+Shift+n setting in (Konsole)Settings-->Configure
16 Shortcuts-->New Session. The simplest explanation is that I put it there
17 a long time ago and forgot it (I really never use NewSession), and it
18 was a coincidence that I chose the same keys for a test shortcut.
19 Or maybe it was as you suggest.
20 A pity that the documentation doesn't really explain what is essential.
21 I guess I'll try xbindkeys...
22 Thanks,
23
24 Jorge