From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 04:43:35
1 On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 17:32:08 +0100 Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Am 29.11.2014 um 11:11 schrieb Pandu Poluan:
3 >
4 > > What do you think, people? Shouldn't we offer them our eudev project to
5 > > assist?
6 >
7 > Since Eudev has always been opensource under the GPLv2, like udev too,
8 > there's no need to /offer/ it.
9 >
10 > If they choose to use it, they can use it, no offer/questions necessary.
11 > Simple.
12
13 As far as I understand, Pandu meant "we can recommend them to use",
14 but not some offer in commercial or proprietary terms.
15
16 Don't forget that most people on the list are not native speakers,
17 so IMHO superfluous verbalism is inappropriate here.
18
19 Best regards,
20 Andrew Savchenko