From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] growisofs: "media is not recognized as recordable DVD"
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:10:16
1 You wrote
2 > I had some .avi's that I wanted to burn, so I went out and bought a 10pack of
3 > Fujifilm DVD-R media (4.7GB) and fired up K3b. However, it kept asking me to
4 > insert a writable disk even though I put fresh disk after fresh disk in the
5 > drive.
6 >
7 > So I resorted to growisofs. I had an ISO I wanted to burn as well so:
8 >
9 > $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvdrw=/path/to/image.iso
10 > :-( /dev/dvdrw: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 0
11
12 Installed a new kernel in the meantime? (just an idea)
15 ralf
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list