From: Andreas Stiasny <gentoo@××××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Courier-Authlib and S.A.S.L.
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 19:23:24
1 On 28.03.20 07:45, Oliver Dixon wrote:
2
3 > I've been attempting to create a Virtual Mail Server using Postfix, MySQL, and
4 > Courier, however I've hit a slight brick wall when dealing with the S.M.T.P.\
5 > authentication. As advised at [1], is is generally preferable to use the unified
6 > Courier-Authlib interface when interacting with the database, as opposed to
7 > having Courier-Authlib *and* cyrus-sasl attaining direct access.
8
9 Your setup seems to be very similar to mine (Postfix, MySQL,
10 Courier-IMAP, rspamd, clamav).
11
12 When I compare the output of "grep -i sasl /etc/postfix/main.cf" to your
13 configuration the only noticeable difference is that you don't have the line
14
15 smtpd_sasl2_auth_enable = yes
16
17 In /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf I do not have the line with sql_select,
18 everythig else is the same.
21 Andreas