From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:50:14
1 On Saturday 28 October 2006 14:42, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > You are scaring me, anyway, :) and yours is not the first horror story I
4 > have heard about ReiserFS.
5 >
6 > I've heard good things about XFS, probably when I'll have to format I'll
7 > give it a try.
8
9 than you did not hear of the '2.6.17 kernels XFS eats data' stories. If you
10 have xfs and boot any 2.6.17.X with X<5 kernels, XFS will be corrupted.
13 Most reiserfs horror stories are from early 2.4 kernels anyway.
14
15 And if someone has lots of reiser corruption, there are really only two
16 options left:
17
18 something is wrong with his hardware
19 he optimized his system to death.
20
21 He did not even tell, how he ruled out hardware problems.
22
23 I have seen data corruption because of flaky cables, bad PSU, bad harddisks
24 (IBM deathstar), bad ram....
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list