From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I'm in a Pickle
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:05:02
1 Happy Holidays, Everyone,
2
3 To lead into the problem I am experiencing, I will let you know about an
4 issue I've been having with my desktop (writing this from my laptop).
5 Every once in a while, when the screensaver kicks in and then, the
6 monitor goes on power save mode (something inherent to the monitor), the
7 screen locks (I have not set it to do this) and the only way, I can get
8 the computer going again is to reboot it by holding down the power
9 button. This is annoying, but has not caused an issue until today.
10
11 Today, I was doing a world update and the screen locked - I still had my
12 KDE desktop up, but couldn't open a window to kill any processes or
13 anything. So, I held the power button to cause a reboot. The computer
14 booted okay and gave me my login screen, but neither the keyboard nor
15 the mouse work.
16
17 Any ideas?
18