From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - 2 Questions
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:41:31
1 I upgraded dovecot the other day to 1.0.beta3 and I was altering the
2 configuration file trying to get it to work when I discovered something
3 disturbing: our passwords were being trasmitted unencrypted across the
4 Internet! At least now I know it. You can gripe at me all you want,
5 but I've learned my lesson. Now to fix it. I tried setting the default
6 authentication method to "digest-md5" and restarting dovecot, but it
7 gave me an error that no authentication database existed for checking
8 with digest-md5. How do I generate one?
9
10 My second question was about a PaperPort 6100 parallel port scanner that
11 I recently inherited. Can anyone point me to a Gentoo-specific or
12 otherwise easy-to-understand howto for getting it working? I tried
13 googling it, but all the results were for USB scanners...
14 -Michael Sullivan-
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list