From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mutt + gnupg
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:40:13
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been using Mutt with GnuPG for years on various distributions. I recently
4 set up Gentoo, and I'm having some problems with the integration.
5
6 Initially I couldn't get any of my encrypted files open, as gpg said it
7 couldn't find my secret key. I noticed the new gpg-agent material in the
8 documentation, and once I set that up, my basic gpg commands started working
9 again. I'm not sure why gpg-agent is required, maybe it fixes some other
10 configuration issue.
11
12 Now I run gpg-agent in my .xsession, with the GPG_AGENT_INFO variable being
13 inherited by Mutt, but signing email doesn't work, as gpg says there's no
14 secret key available.
15
16 Obviously something has changed in the latest version, and my configuration
17 just hasn't caught up yet. Does anyone else have this set up and working?
18
19 Thanks,
20 Mike
21 --
22 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
23 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
24 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
25 --Albert Einstein