From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and ssl
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:48:24
1 On 1/4/2013 06:45, Robert David wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > anyone have problem with firefox and selfsigned ssl? I tryed firefox and
5 > firefox-bin.
6 >
7 > Firefox:
8 > Problem loading page: Secure connection failed.
9 >
10 > Firefox-bin:
11 > No problem loading page.
14 > I tryed with/without system-sqlite. Rebuild nss. Nothing helped.
18 > Robert David
19 >
20 The only time I've ever seen that error/situation in Firefox was due to
21 multiple certificates using the same serial number. Although that may
22 not be exactly the problem you are encountering, it may be similar in
23 how Firefox deals with what it considers a woefully invalid certificate.
24 Have you tried with a fresh profile? You could also try
25 renaming/removing the cert8.db and key3.db files in your profile directory.
28 ♫Dustin