From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] use flags (once more)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:03:29
1 On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 02:00:27AM -0400, John Dangler wrote:
2 > If I add a USE="whatever" to my make.conf file, does that get added to the
3 > flags already in the default profile, or does make.conf override what's in
4 > the defaults file?
5 >
6 yes, it is cascading. And your make.conf is read last. Which means
7 whatever in the defaults will hold unless your make.conf gives a
8 different one...
9
10 personally the useflags has gotten too many for me to keep track of,
11 so I often use profuse
12
13 [02:44 AM]wwong UniConv $ emerge search profuse
14 Searching...
15 [ Results for search key : profuse ]
16 [ Applications found : 1 ]
17
18 * app-portage/profuse
19 Latest version available: 0.23.0
20 Latest version installed: 0.23.0
21 Size of downloaded files: 19 kB
22 Homepage: http://libconf.net/profuse/
24 License: GPL-2
27 HTH,
28
29 W
30 --
31 "This is advertised as a challenging course, and we would be letting you down
32 if we didn't make you're lives difficult."
33 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
34 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 8 days, 9:58
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list