From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:59:42
1 On 14/03/13 22:31, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> Why I prefer Gentoo over other distros: Full control.
4 >
5 > That's it, in a nutshell.
6 >
7 >> I mean, I can (and do) leverage "-march=native".
8 >
9 > I've been scared away from -march and instead of -mtune in case i need
10 > to drop my hard drive into another system for recovery which might
11 > have an incompatible CPU.
14 Ok, thats another "valid comparison" to go with dropping Alans gentoo on
15 a USB stick, centos on a DVD ... so what OS goes with a hard drive when
16 its "dropped"?
17
18 Is anyone near Piza ... Ive been told they have a tower that's been used
19 for these types of test in the past.
20
21 BillK