From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 03:52:12
1 On Tuesday October 17 2006 23:37, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hello group,
3 >
4 > I recently sync'ed portage, but when I did #emerge
5 > digg2ogg it installed version 0.8 which is way out of
6 > date.
7 >
8 > I thought sync was supposed to "prime" portage to get
9 > the latest versions of software when needed.
10 >
11 > Here's the sync line in make.conf.
12 >
13 > SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
14 >
15 > Perhaps I should be adding more? Replace with
16 > something else?
17 >
18 > -Maxim
19 >
21 > Do You Yahoo!?
22 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
23 > http://mail.yahoo.com
27 Brett I. Holcomb
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list