From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:21:15
1 >> 1. emerge -C nano
2 >> 2. emerge vim
3 >> 3. export EDITOR=`which vim`
4 >> 4. Or do eselect editor -> env-update ; or edit /etc/rc.conf ->
5 >> env-update 5. Reemerge sudo if you wish (it will not change anything)
6 >> 6. Relogin
7 >> 7. Run "sudo visudo"
8 >> You get this:
9 >> visudo: no editor found (editor path = /bin/nano)
10 >
11 > No I don't. I get /etc/sudoers loaded into joe, which is set in $EDITOR.
12 >
13 > You seem to be the only one suffering with this problem, so it seems
14 > reasonable to conclude that this is peculiar to your setup and that
15 > shouting at devs and other users will not fix it.
16
17 I gonna bet you added "magic" line to your sudoers previously or make some
18 other
19 crutches to make it work:
20 Defaults env_keep="EDITOR"
23 Best regards, Spinal